Thursday, December 20, 2007

Wednesday

Wednesday was supposed to be touring of a forbidden city but with Spencer's fever we opted out of that. Also the couple traveling with us, their little girl was having a terrible case of constipation and was hunched over in pain. She is better now. She is 3 years old as well and she and Spencer are friends from the orphanage so that has been helpful. She is quite stunning! Her parents are terrific and I am so glad we all have traveled together. The dad is a musician and he brought Spencer a harmnonica which he rarely puts down. Spencer also drums on everything. He find either pencils or chopsticks and drums. He says nihao (hello) or zhigen (goodbye) to everyone he sees. Including his own reflection. He touches everything. Everthing in the room has been investigated and moved. I find something new on the top of the lamp everyday. He insists on helping the cleaning lady make up the beds. He pushes every button in the elevator. He turns the lights on and off. He picks up the phone and pretends to talk to someone on the other end. Basically he is a 3 year old boy! He slipped in the bathroom on the wet floor and bumped his head so now if he sees any water on the floor he announces that to me and grabs a towel to wipe it up. I had to go do paperwork the other day and was gone for just about 15 minutes and while I was gone my Dad said he waited at the door pulling on the handle. He had a huge smile when I returned. So I try not to leave his sight if possible. He has trouble eating. He gets choked easily. It may have something to do with his palate and I will have to see about it when I get home. He will be eating watermellon and get choked. Rice or anything will choke him. It happens at least 3 times per meal. Part of it is that he shoves so much food in his mouth. That has tapered down now. The first meal we had he ate his food, my food and part of dads. We keep telling him to slow down. he will get on to Gracelynn if she does not finish her plate. He loves dumplings, bean curd, tomatoes, watermellon and french fries. He does not like shrimp. Bu Yao! He has flat out refused me on brushing his teeth. He cried and stomped his feet and told my Dad I was trying to make him brush his teeth. My Dad told him to mind me and he looked so defeated and just sobbed. He will not let me put the tooth brush near his mouth. He took the tooth brush out of my hand and threw it. Yelling Bu Yao the whole time. That means Don't like. I find out yesterday that he has never had he teeth brushed. I wonder if he does not like people touching his mouth. He will not let me put chapstick on his lips either.

Times is getting short so I might have to finish later. Kim

1 comment:

RamblingMother said...

Things will get better with time. Hang in there.

Beverly