Friday, December 21, 2007

Thursday

Thursday we went to the orphanage. Spencer and Gracelynn were both talked to about we were just visiting to pass out candy for their friends. They were both happy about that. When we got there I was told that Spencer's foster family was there and wanted to meet me. I decided that if it meant that much to them then it would be OK. Other wise they would watch from somewhere we could not see them. We went and passed out candy to some children and then went to Spencer's room. We met the Foster family there. They were both so gracious. The Father was very proud of Spencer. He asked us to come to his home but I thought that would be too confusing. The foster Mom was sobbing the whole time and we hugged each other. Of course you know I was crying too. Spencer cried for just a second I think mostly to being overwhelmed at seeing them. But he was happy. Then we were trying to see Spencer's bedroom and the other rooms and the whole time the Foster Mom was trying to hold Spencer and pull him towards her. I did not want to fight over him so I let him go but I was so uncomfortable. I wondered what all he was thinking. Then we heard Gracelynn crying about saying goodbye to her Nanny so I made eye contact with the other family motioning that we should leave. They were thinking the same thing. When we got outside the Foster Mom hugged him one more time and Spencer looked at me and waived goodbye to me. That almost broke my heart but I knew that he loves her. He did not get upset when she handed him to me. To be honest, I think that Spencer really has no idea what is going on. He is just going with the flow. The first couple of days he was so happy but since then I find him zoning out and becoming quiet. Yesterday he pulled me to the hotel door and said something about going home. I told him no and he cried and cried. I believe he is very home sick. I will post picture from the orphanage visit soon. Oh, one thing was that the nannies in Spencer's room made him a sail boat out of wood and it has his name on it. Really neat!

On a funny note I bought Spencer some tennis shoes that light up. He loves them and keeps checking that they are lighting up. He put them at the side of his bed when we went to sleep but I noticed he kept looking down to make sure they were there. So I put them by his pillow so he could see them. He puts them there every night now. :-)

No comments: