Thursday, December 20, 2007

Tuesday

I am posting each day to catch y'all up. Tuesday was paper work. LOTS of paperwork. The notary was there. The adoption office is located on the 6th floor of a hotel. He did the paperwork and asked us to review it before he gave it a serial number. I did. After he sealed it my representative from our agency noticed the additional 4 digits at the end of my zip code and questioned that. I tried to explain what they were for although it does not even make sense to a US citizen what they are for so it took a while as to why it was there. I never gave them the 4 digits as I would not even know what they are. I assumed it was on everyones which is why I did not question it. A huge heated discussion started between our rep and the notary as he said Guangzhou my have issue with it. So he was mad at me for not noticing and had to call in for another serial number and reissue our adoption certificate. Those darn 4 digit codes are going to haunt me forever and my coworkers know what I am referring to here! :-) Anyway it made for a long day as we then missed our Police station appointment for Spencer's passport photo. The businesses close at noon for lunch and do not reopen until 1:30. So we had to go back at 1:30 and wait in line with 700 other people waiting to get some type of photo. Fortunately we were ushered ahead of everyone else. We did have lunch with the orphanage director who is a wonderful lady. Very professional and polite. She knows each of the children personally. She gave me a gift from the orphanage. One was a certificate that thanked us for our donation and what it would do for the children in the orphanage. The other was a purple crystal that was heart shaped and engraved with the orphanage name and also a pouch of dirt from the orphanage so Spencer will always know where he came from. That night Spencer woke up with a fever but has not had one since. he does have a cold though.

Kim

No comments: