Thursday, January 17, 2008

Ain't no thing like a Spencer Ling!!!


Or Heff Jr as like to call him. Just to give you an update of everything since coming home.... first of all... to those who knew that Spencer was VERY particular with what he wears, he still is. Most of it has to do with tags as he does not like them. He wore his Chinese outfit in China for 3 days straight after refusing to wear it at all. Since home I cut all the tags out and he has been more agreeable.

The flight home was OK. Spencer did cry during take offs and landings and during any turbulance. The staff on the long 12 hour flight would take him on a tour of the plane every once in a while to keep him busy. Very sweet on their part. Sidebar... having adopted twice from China it is always a very bitter sweet moment when the plane leaves the ground in China. I have a heavy heart that I am taking my children from their Mother country. At the same time I am excited that I am giving them better oportunities.

At the airport in Pensacola when we arrived there were so many friends and family there to meet Spencer. So nice of everyone to come out. Peyton was so excited to meet her brother and Spencer went to her and Tim right away. I tried to keep my composure but when I saw my Mother I lost it. She was with me when we adopted Peyton and I knew she knew what was going on in my heart and head. THEN.. we went to get luggage and Peyton wanted me to hold her and Spencer freaked and then Peyton freaked and there I was in the airport with 2 Koala babies on each leg begging me to hold them.

Since being home Peyton has lost her mind. She likes playing with Spencer but is extremely jealous. I always thought the challenge would be getting Spencer settled but it is definately getting Peyton settled. My baby girl has always been such a sweetheart and to see her struggle with this is hearbreaking. I know it will get better but it is hard to go through. The first night home they both fought over would sleep with me. So I had Spencer around my neck and Peyton around my waist and both screaming. The next day Peyton told me she did not want to be a sister and why did I go to China and leave her. (Knife in the heart on those words) I told her that I loved her and that is why I went to China to get her a brother. That Spencer needed a Mommy and Daddy like she had and that she needed a brother. She seemed happy with the answer but she has been very defensive since he came home. Do they ever get along? Yes! And it is so fun to watch them play and giggle. Those times are getting to be more frequent.

I am going to post more pictures tomorrow but I wanted to mention some things I noticed about the language difference.

1. Spencer flushes anything down a toilet so it is a world wide issue.
2. Spencer acts as if his legs are rubber when dressing him so yes it is a world wide issue.
3. Spencer throws temper tantrums with kicking feet, again, aparently a world wide issue.
4. Spencer will drop things on the floor and pick them up and eat it. Not an issue now but in China it was. The 3 second rule does NOT apply in China for many reasons!!

Talk with you soon,

Kim

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good on you Kimberly.. hang in there.. sounds like you have had a real rocky road since home. Bring on Summer and more outside play together.